Nights Keeper 2.6.0 will finally bring reliable work on Android 5+ devices. The only restriction is that because of changes in Android 5 silent mode behavior Nights Keeper can silence the Alarms during your profile work (depends on phone vendor). Keep in mind that you should check your Alarm. And if it silence you have two options:
- Set Alarm time out of profile.
- Use sound mode Priority in profile settings. In this case some sounds will not be silenced. The Alarm signal will be not muted too. (It’s more or less same as it work before)
Sorry for inconvenient, it’s not our fault.
And you should provide access to Notification for app. App will ask you if it need it (only on Android 5+). Read here why it needed.
- FIX: Reliable work on Android 5+ (via None mode)
- NEW: Optional Sound mode for Android 5 – Priority mode (not all sounds muted, but alarm is working)
I’m thinking about implementation of build in Alarm option. I want to check if this option interesting for you – users. Please, vote for or against it.
I’m glad to announce that I finally found reliable solution for proper work of Nights Keeper on Android 5 devices. The only restriction is that Alarms will be silenced during profile work. So, you should set Alarm and profile time with this in mind. And you need to accept the access to notification for proper work.
I’ve just released new version only for beta testing (want to check everything once more before public release). So, if you are Android 5 user and want to take a part in this beta testing you are welcome. Just follow this instruction to become beta tester.
Last few months I’m fighting with Android 5 support problem. The main reason of the problem is that Google totally broke the Silent mode functionality and API for developers (issue on bug tracker).
In two words on Android 5 you have only two options: total silent (in this mode even Alarm doesn’t work), priority mode (in this mode a lot of apps will still goes with sound, you can receive system menu sound, you can receive power plugin sound and so on). Google doesn’t give any comments about this problem.
Continue reading Explanations for Android 5 users…
Nights Keeper 2.5.3 will be available in Google Play in few hours. It contains fix of “Vibration bug” for Android 5.0.1. Sorry, developing for Android 5 (without normal silent mode) like walking by minefield.
- FIX: “Vibration bug” fix for Android 5.0.1.
Nights Keeper 2.5.2 will be available in Google Play in few hours. It should improve behavior on Android 5.
- FIX: To high power consumption on Android 5.
- FIX: Improved behaviour on Android 5.0.1.
- FIX: Correct handling of *Priority mode* before and after profile work.
- FIX: Portuguese localisation fixes.
Last update has bring problem with vibration during profile work on devices with Android 5.0 and Android 5.0.1. This update will fix it. I would recommend it for all Android 5 users.
Version will be available in Google Play in few hours.
- FIX: Android 5.0 and 5.0.1 vibration bug.
- FIX: Finnish localisation fixes.
Release that fix the problem with Android 5.0.2 and bring Finish localisation. Will be available in few hours.
- NEW: Android 5.0.2 support.
- NEW: Finnish localisation.
Minor support release with different fixes.
- FIX: Incorrect behavior without option *Block sound mode* on Android 5.
- FIX: Vibration does not work in some cases on Android 5.
- FIX: Purchase/Restore crashes in some cases.
- FIX: Russian localisation fixes.
Still have no Nights Keeper PRO version? Then you can buy it with 50% discount only till December 31. Merry Christmass and Happy New Year!