- Does Nights Keeper support DUAL SIM phones?
- Turn on SMS sound notifications, but it doesn’t work. What could be wrong?
- Nothing works on Xiaomi phone or MIUI ROM. Why?
- Profile doesn’t start or stop on time. What’s wrong?
- Sound notification on profile start annoying me. How can I turn it off?
- Can’t see some contacts in white list activity. How to fix it?
- Can I use my PRO license on my new device?
- Can’t make purchase for PRO licence. What to do?
- Made successful purchase, but PRO license not activated. How to fix it?
- Can I purchase PRO license not using Google Play?
- Google Play says not compatible with my device. Why?
- Can you add Airplane mode option?
- LED notification annoying me. Can Nights Keeper turn it off during profile work?
- Can you add GPS toggle?
- Can I change SMS auto-reply text to the custom one?
- Why Nights Keeper need all this permissions?
- Turning on Wi-Fi doesn’t work. Why?
- I have several Google accounts on my phone and can’t select account for purchasing PRO license. What to do?
- Can’t make backup on SD card (external storage). What to do?
- Does Nights Keeper mute Alarm apps too?
- Nights Keeper doesn’t work on Android 5 (Lollipop). What to do?
- Have no Mobile Network control options on Android 5+. Why?
1. Does Nights Keeper support DUAL SIM phones?
No, but in some cases it could work proper partly or total. The usual problems with dual sim phones:
- SMS sound notification doesn’t work for the second SIM.
- Outcoming SMS notification to the blocked contact goes from the first SIM always.
- Incoming calls from the white list contact doesn’t work.
- App doesn’t turn off Mobile Network for the second SIM.
2. Turn on SMS sound notifications, but it doesn’t work. What could be wrong?
If you have dual sim phone then it could be a problem. Please read section below for more information.
Sometimes it doesn’t work because of conflicts with other software. It could be spam filters or external sms messengers (for example GO SMS PRO or Handcent). It this case sometimes you can fix it by setting up this software. Keep in mind that starting from Android 4.4 it should not be a problem anymore.
You can find instructions for some known conflicted apps:
GO SMS Pro
Open Go SMS, hit ‘Menu’ and click ‘Settings’, click on ‘Other Settings’, then uncheck the ‘Disable other message notifications. Then open the built in SMS app, hit ‘Menu’ then click settings, there is a setting called ‘Notifications’ uncheck that.
Open Hancent, Hit ‘Menu’ and select Settings, Click Application settings, then Default Messaging Application, Set this to ‘Disable’. Then open the built in SMS app, hit ‘Menu’ then click settings, there is a setting called ‘Notifications’ uncheck that.
3. Nothing works on Xiaomi phone or MIUI ROM. Why?
Xiaomi had buildin permission manager for apps. So, you can disable some app permissions. Usually that’s the reason on problems with Nights Keeper on this phones. Nights Keeper should be added to fully trusted and autostart apps. Otherwise it will have no abilities to work proper.
4. Profile doesn’t start or stop on time. What’s wrong?
There are several possible reasons for that:
- You have Samsung device with Android 6 firmware. Then you need to turn off power optimisation for Nights Keeper app in your phone settings (section Power).
- You have MIUI on your phone. Then just take a lock to the previous section.
- You have Sony Xperia phone and use STAMINA mode. Then you should add Nights Keeper to the app exceptions list in STAMINA settings. Otherwise Nights Keeper couldn’t work proper.
- You have Lenovo Security on your phone. Please, turn it off or configure it properly. It can brake Nights Keeper and other apps.
- You have task killers or some sort of memory cleaner (for example Clean Master). Then you should add Nights Keeper to the app exceptions list in task killer settings (for Clean Master it’s Settings -> Ignore List -> Task), or better just remove task killer, it’s absolutely useless app on modern versions of Andoird.
- You restart you phone during profile work and you have fast boot option in your phone. Fast boot supported only for HTC devices. So, the solution is to turn off this option or just keep it in mind and don’t reboot phone during profile work. If you reboot your phone without fastboot Nights Keeper should work proper.
- You have turn on option “Time and date from mobile network” and your operator doesn’t care about setting proper time to cell stations. So, you phone changing time, date or time zone like in hell. The back size of this could be wrong behavior of all time based apps, like Nights Keeper or Alarms. Try to turn it off.
5. Sound notification on profile start annoying me. How can I turn it off?
Yes, sure. You can turn off “Notification/Sound notification” option in app settings.
6. Can’t see some contacts in white list activity. How to fix it?
Nights Keeper hide contacts without phones and contacts that are members of invisible groups. The last one can be easily turned off in app settings (option “User interface/Show all contacts”)
7. Can I use my PRO license on my new device?
Yes, you can. PRO license associated to your Google Account. So you can restore it on all your devices or after hard reset. Just press button “Restore” on “PRO license” dialog. Actually it’s even not possible to buy it twice from one Google Account.
8. Can’t make purchase for PRO licence. What to do?
Sometimes Google have problems with there service. If you sure that your credentials and credit card data correct but you can’t make purchase, then just try again later in several hours or tomorrow. If it will be not available next day too, then try to clean Google Play app cache, reboot phone and try again.
If it doesn’t help too then make request to Google Play Support. Developer of Nights Keeper not responsible for Google Play services.
9. Made successful purchase, but PRO license not activated. How to fix it?
If you are sure that purchase was successful and you have no active PRO license then try to press button “Restore” on “PRO license” dialog.
If it’s not help press button “Buy” in same dialog. Don’t worry about second purchase, it’s not possible to buy PRO license item twice.
If it’s not help too, then try to clean Google Play app cache, reboot phone and try “Buy” button again.
10. Can I purchase PRO license not using Google Play?
Google Play is recommended way to pay for PRO license now. If you have no or don’t want to use your physical credit card, I can recommend Visa Virtual. Absolutely virtual card that can be used only for online payments and can be ordered online in 5 minutes.
At the same time you can purchase for personal Promo Code which will be linked to your Google Account. If you need it contact me via mail. It’s not fast and comfortable way, but it’s one of the option.
11. Google Play says not compatible with my device. Why?
Nights Keeper have only two requirements to the devices: Android 2.2+ and telephone functionality. If you have this message in market it because you are trying to install app on old or not compatible device (like Tablet PC).
Why app need telephone module on the device? Nights Keeper designed to filter calls and sms at night. The 90% of functions are not be able to work on device without telephone module. If you just want scheduled sound mode control on your devise then I’ll recommend you Timeriffic (absolutely free app).
12. Can you add Airplane mode option?
Unfortunately, No. There are two reasons:
- Inability to do it without root access on devices with Android 4.2+. Google decided not to allow developers to do it.
- The 90% of Nights Keeper would not be able to work without telephone module.
13. LED notification annoying me. Can Nights Keeper turn it off during profile work?
Unfortunately, No. Because there is no API in Android to do it. This function is deeply vendor specific. And vendors doesn’t provide any information about how to do it too.
14. Can you add GPS toggle?
Unfortunately, No. There is no options to control GPS switch without Root access and modification of ROM software.
15. Can I change SMS auto-reply text to the custom one?
Yes, you can. Just tap on the profile item “BLOCKED CALL” – “Send SMS” (not to the check box but on the label). Sorry that it could be not so obviously in UI.
16. Why Nights Keeper need all this permissions?
Here is full list of permissions with explanation why it’s needed:
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE – turning on/off Mobile Network.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE – turning on/off Mobile Network.
- BLUETOOTH – turning on/off Bluetooth.
- BLUETOOTH_ADMIN – turning on/off Bluetooth.
- CALL_PHONE – cancelling blocked call (option “Decline call”).
- CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE – turning on/off Mobile Network.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE – turning on/off Mobile Network.
- GET_ACCOUNTS – checking gifted PRO license users.
- INTERNET – updating localized prices, receiving sale messages, activation Promo codes and other server side mechanisms.
- MODIFY_PHONE_STATE – turning on/off Mobile Network (Android 2.2).
- READ_CONTACTS – showing contact list for selecting whitelist contacts.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – sending bug report with attached log file.
- READ_PHONE_STATE – handling whitelist calls.
- READ_SMS – handling whitelist sms (showing text in the Event log).
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS – turning on/off AutoSync.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED – restoring profiles schedule after reboot.
- RECEIVE_SMS – handling whitelist sms.
- SEND_SMS – SMS auto reply to the blocked caller (option “Send SMS”).
- VIBRATE – vibration on whitelist call.
- WAKE_LOCK – prevent phone slipping during profile start/stop.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – – sending bug report with attached log file.
- WRITE_SETTINGS – write streams muting settings for profile work period.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS – turning on/off AutoSync.
- BILLING – purchasing PRO license.
Starting from Android 5 Nights Keeper need access to notifications. It’s because Google accept changing of Priority mode only from NotificationListner service that need this permission. I don’t know why they do this (API reference). It’s needed only on Android 5+ devices.
17. Turning on Wi-Fi doesn’t work. Why?
Check if you have power save option “Turn off Wi-Fi in sleep mode” in your phone settings. You should turn it off. Otherwise Nights Keeper can’t turn Wi-Fi on in phone sleep mode.
18. I have several Google accounts on my phone and can’t select account for purchasing PRO license. What to do?
That’s the case. Google Play doesn’t have ability to chose what Google account use for in-app purchasing. It use first one permanently. You will have same problem in all apps that use in-app purchasing. Sorry, it’s not my fault it’s Google Play restriction.
19. Can’t make backup on SD card (external storage). What to do?
Starting from Android 4.4 Google remove permissions of external apps to write to external storage (SD card). So, Nights Keeper can’t do it anymore. You have two options:
- Write backup to internal storage.
- Nights Keeper automatically back up your settings via Google Backup Service. So, you settings should be restored on the new device. You can use this opportunity.
If you have this problem on devices with Android 4.3 or less – send me bug report from app settings.
20. Does Nights Keeper mute Alarm apps too?
Android 6+ or Android 4.4 and earlier: Nights Keeper doesn’t mute alarm audio stream on Android 6+ or Android 4.4 and earlier. So, all apps that use it should work as expected. If you have any problems with silent alarm, please, check your alarm app settings for option “Alarm in silent” or similar.
For Android 5.0 and 5.1: But because of changes in system silent mode Nights Keeper can silence the Alarms during your profile work on Android 5 devices (depends on phone vendor). Keep in mind that you should check your Alarm. And if it silence you have two options:
- Set Alarm time out of profile.
- Use sound mode Priority in profile settings. In this case some sounds will not be silenced. The Alarm signal will be not muted too.
Sorry for inconvenient, it’s not our fault. The problem was fixed in Android 6. So, please, update if you have such option.
21. Nights Keeper doesn’t work on Android 5 (Lollipop). What to do?
First of all update to the last version. Full support of Android 5+ devices starting from version 2.6.0.
And you should allow access to Notifications (app will ask you if it needed).
ALARM WARNING: Because of changes in Android 5 silent mode behavior Nights Keeper can silence the Alarms during your profile work (depends on phone vendor). Read more here.
NOTE: In some cases build in priority interruption mode can conflict with Nights Keeper. So, it’s better to turn it off. Just go to phone settings Sound & notification -> Interruptions and then turn off Calls , Messages, Events and reminders (as shown on picture below).
22. Have no Mobile Network control options on Android 5+. Why?
Starting from Android 5 you need root permissions to control your mobile network from external app.